Sunday 14 April 2013

Om-brayered

 
Well, finally my house looks less like an episode of "Hoarders" and more like organised chaos! I went to the Botany Bay Family History Society's Heritage Fair yesterday and it was great! It is very interesting looking into your past and finding who your family is.  I got a few new leads and hopefully some of the catalogues I gave away will generate some leads also.  I have packed away all of my display stuff and repacked what I borrowed to return to its rightful owner
- thanks Lou Lou!
 
As well as preparing for the Fair I started thinking about my "Convention Swaps".  Somewhere among the heritage-y scrap booking and (total addiction to) MDS (I LOVE IT!!!!) I found some time to cut, stamp, emboss, die cut and measure ribbon for 100 card fronts - now I find out I need a full card too! Argh! oh well, what's one more?  All I need to do is finish hand cutting about 80 more boats then to the "assembly line"...
 
 
I'm joining JUGS this week for the "Ombre" technique
 
 
(love those nails!)

 
I've used the brayer to get the landscape I am quite happy with this card but I think I may have to you tube some brayering technique videos.
 
Keep Stampin'  I'm gonna see if I can make it in the CASology Challenge...
 
Marls xx
 

5 comments:

  1. This Card is just fantastic - I love the colours and the text is just what is important. I wish you a fine week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card - nice use of the technique~ Thanks for joining in with JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderfully shadded and what a great tree image. Thanks for joining us at JUGS this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Om-Brayererd is new to me. A technique I'll have to try. Not sure if I'll get anywhere near as good as you at it! This is simply beautiful Marls. Lou X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Silhouette card. Love the colors too. Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls :)

    ReplyDelete