Friday 28 September 2012

Happy Birthday to my Mummy!


Ok, Ok, this card is TOTALLY cased from Teneale Williams ~ well it's my "creative interpretation"!  I did warn her...  Now, let me just say, after (re-)creating this card, I have discovered that sewing on my cards is just not happening. Well, at least not with the mini-machine I got for the soul purpose of sewing on cards with. Hence the lace on the top and bottom of the panel ;) ~ Yep, total COVER UP! Four attempts and the tension just would not play nice :(
 

 
As the title suggests, it was my mum's birthday this week.
My gorgeous girls made some great things for Nanny's birthday and
I promised I would post them for the whole world to see.
 
Here is Claire's Dog (to replicate my mum's pooch)
Wobbly belly, shiny nose and lead for walkies too.
 
 
Nat opted for the "side step" card with the "Fabulous You" shoe (coloured and cut out by herself),
pierced birthday banner and postage punch "Nan"

 
And my mum is a keen West Tigers supporter so we made her a cake too!
Nat insisted we have orange icing with black writing.
 
 
It is school holidays here in NSW so I will try to get some cards made and posted during the holidays but each time I get in my craft room I get swamped by the masses (well, the two girls who love to create with me). I will post my MIL's birthday card but not until I have given it to her - can't spoil the surprise... Let me just say it is a new (for me) technique I tried and I think it turned out great.  Time will tell.
 
Until next time, Keep Stampin'  Marls xx

3 comments:

  1. Oh this is absolutely gorgeous! I love every last detail. Thanks so much for playing with us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card! I love all the details and I totally understand about that sewing machine! It gives me headaches sometimes too! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an elegant 60th card! Thanks for joining in with JUGS!

    ReplyDelete